- Red Deer, Alberta native.
- University of Southern Maine graduate.
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Science, as well as certifications from the NSCA, TRX Functional Training, EXOS and USA Hockey.
- Served as a head instructor for Okanagan Hockey Schools, a performance coach at the OA Sports Center in Saco, ME, the Director of Player Development for the Portland Jr. Pirates and during the 2014-2015 season, Shane served as the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Pirates American Hockey League team.
- Since 2017, Shane has served as the Director of Sports Performance at the Center for Athletic Training & Physical Therapy located at the Ice Den in Chandler.
- Shane has not just trained but also coached various Tier I and Tier II players from the Jr. Coyotes and Arizona Bobcats organizations.