Innovative V, LLC, doing business as Total Package Hockey, is one of the largest hockey service providers in the country, offering youth and adult programs from Michigan to Atlanta. TPH provides programs, which are staffed by highly qualified elite hockey coaches and professionals, to more than 4,000 players each year. With programs in eighteen U.S. cities, including teams in the NA3HL and T1EHL, TPH specializes in skill-based player development and has a track record of moving players to junior, college, and professional hockey.
Our mission is to development students/athletes in the game of hockey by providing them with innovative training, access to a professional and dedicated staff, while educating them on and providing them with opportunities to realize their full potential.
Total Package Hockey is looking to hire a Success Coach for our TPH Center of Excellence located in Detroit, Michigan.
Start Date: August 15th, 2020
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
FOSTER HIGH QUALITY INSTRUCTION
- Success Coach creates a welcoming environment within the Center of Excellence fostering personalized learning, respect, and communication among students, teachers, Caretakers, coaches, school administration and themselves.
- Success Coach assists students with their coursework by:
- encouraging communication between the student and his/her teachers (both in-person and virtual teachers),
- assisting with study strategies and time management techniques,
- encouraging and directing students to use live and online resources (provided by virtual school) when support is needed,
- assisting with course work as appropriate, and
- keeping and emotionally safe and motivating environment.
PERSONALIZE STUDENTS’ PROGRAMS
- Success Coach displays understanding of student differences and applies this knowledge to coordinate the necessary support among the staff.
- Success Coach is effective in managing multiple students of varying ages and academic abilities.
MONITOR STUDENT PERFORMANCE
- Success Coach verifies completion of lessons and assessments via school management system.
- Success Coach continuously monitors students’ academic performance in courses.
- Success Coach maintains regular communication with students’ teachers, both on-site and virtual. Information related to student performance, attitude, and other observations is shared with teachers in a collaborative and timely manner.
MONITOR STUDENT ESCALATION
- Success Coach is familiar with the school’s escalation policy and ensures students understand all requirements (e.g., attendance, participation).
- Success Coach coordinates meetings between teachers, Caretakers and school administration, as needed, to discuss students who are in escalation, set goals and establish a timeline for improvement.
- Success Coach informs coaching staff of academic performance issues, as needed.
COLLABORATE AND DEVELOP PROFESSIONALLY
- Success Coach reflects on his or her own performance and seeks out professional growth opportunities to improve his or her impact on student achievement and school goals.
- Success Coach models respect, responsibility, honesty, integrity, and positive thinking.
- Success Coach has excellent attendance record. Wherever possible, proactively plans time off.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements that are listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Experience with substitute teaching and/or tutoring (preferred)
- Experience with online school platforms, specially Connections Academy (preferred)
- Familiarity with the life style of elite athletes, specifically with student athletes that play hockey.
- Background as a former athlete (preferred)
- Requires strong communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to maintain discipline in a classroom setting.
- Requires effective problem-solving skills.
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office (i.e. Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)