Director of Operations & Academics
Total Package Hockey, one of the nation’s largest hockey service providers is looking to hire a Director of Operations & Academics for its Virtual Center of Excellence, an exciting new addition to TPH that offers 6-12th grade student-athletes a completely on-demand academy-style academic, hockey training and mentorship experience, regardless of their physical location.
For this position, TPH is seeking an individual who has the following qualities:
- Willingness to work, grind and hone your craft on a daily basis.
- Passion for building personal and/or professional relationships with fellow staff members, student-athletes, their families and all members of the TPH hockey and academic community.
- Open-mindedness to an occupation that requires multi-tasking and the “wearing of multiple-hats” related to providing hockey and academic services.
- Desire to embrace a nontraditional work situation, specifically location and schedule.
- Detail and efficiency.
- High level of competency and comfort with using technology.
- Firm communication style.
The following qualifications are required when applying for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree… Masters preferred.
- Background in student, athlete or student-athlete education.
- Background in service.
- Certification to work in the United States.
This is a remote, work-from-home position that may require occasional travel.
Base salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience and comes with full benefits.
Job Description for the Director of Operations & Academics, Specific but not Limited to-
Foster a positive, virtual learning environment for all student-athletes that promotes positive outcomes.
- Adhere to all TPH Way operational processes, procedures and academic environment guidelines.
- Utilize all TPH systems and infrastructure.
- Zoho and all of its applications.
- League Apps.
- Microsoft Office.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for both interested and registered student-athletes and their families.
- Respond to requests for more information made through the TPH website.
- Become familiar with each student-athlete’s registration.
- Guide student-athletes and families through the registration process.
- Connect student-athletes and families with relevant Virtual CoE hockey staff members if necessary.
- Onboard all student-athletes into the Virtual CoE.
- Obtain all necessary materials and information related to academic enrollment.
- Communicate directly with TPH’s education partner, Edmentum, regarding enrollment and course selection.
- Connect student-athletes and families with relevant Virtual CoE hockey staff members, including the Kinduct application team, providers of the TPH-Virtual CoE training app.
- Hold student-athletes to a high academic standard.
- Monitor academic progress and performance on a daily basis.
- Conduct daily and/or weekly student-athlete performance meetings with student-athletes and their families, when applicable.
- Through the use of phone, text, e-mail and Zoom Video Conferencing, individualize and customize the learning experience for all student-athletes.
- Build relationships with each individual, provide mentorship and gain insights in to how to maximize each individual’s performance as a student and person.
- Set a pacing standard that maximizes academic performance.
- Craft individual study plans, if need be.
- Collect and report data to the Chief Academic Officer on academic progress and outcomes in a timely fashion, if requested.
- Maintain records in a confidential and organized manner so that current information is readily available to authorized personnel upon request.
- Assist the Chief Academic Officer in seeking out student and parent feedback on academic program.
- All other duties as assigned in order to advance the CoE strategic plan.