Director of Academics
Total Package Hockey, one of the nation’s largest hockey service providers is looking to hire a
Director of Academics for the Estero, FL division.
TPH seeks to become the world leader in positively impacting the lives of student-athletes through the game of hockey, while exceeding expectations one choice at a time. TPH believes in building a team of high-character, highly competent, high-performing individuals. The ideal Director of Academics should possess the following qualities:
- A willingness to work, grind and hone your craft on a daily basis.
- A passion for building personal and/or professional relationships with fellow staff members, student-athletes, their families and all members of the TPH hockey and academic community.
- An open-mindedness to an occupation that requires multi-tasking and the “wearing of multiple-hats” related to providing hockey services.
- Background in student, athlete or student-athlete education
- Service background
- Detail and efficiency
- Firm communication style
The Director of Academics has three main areas of focus:
- Foster a positive learning environment that promotes academic success for all student-athletes.
- Adhere to all TPH Way operational processes, procedures and academic environment guidelines and work with the Chief Academic Officer to improve all existing infrastructure.
- Hold student-athletes to a high standard.
- Monitor academic progress and performance on a daily basis.
- Conduct daily and/or weekly student-athlete performance meetings with student-athletes and their families, when applicable.
- Maintain a direct line of communication with the Director of Hockey-Operations with regards to student-athlete performance and measures to ensure a quality learning environment for all.
- Individualize and customize the learning experience based on where, when and how the student-athlete works best.
- Build relationships with each individual, provide mentorship and gain insights in to how to maximize each individual’s performance as a student and person.
- Place each individual in a physical environment that maximizes his/her academic performance.
- Craft individual study plans.
- Set a pacing standard that maximizes academic performance.
In addition, the Director of Academics will be expected to:
- Collect and report data to the Chief Academic Officer on academic progress and outcomes in a timely fashion.
- Serve as the TPH liaison with the various student learning platforms and partner schools in order to provide quality control of the educational plan and experience.
- Direct the daily duties and functions of any academic support staff in accordance with TPH policies and procedures.
- Maintain records in a confidential and organized manner so that current information is readily available to authorized personnel upon request.
- Coordinate community service programs and projects.
- Provide parent orientation and information sessions related to the academic program.
- Assist the Chief Academic Officer in seeking out student and parent feedback on academic program.
- All other duties as assigned in order to advance the CoE strategic plan.
• Medical coverage.
• Dental coverage.
• Retirement package.
• Company laptop.
• Monthly cell phone stipend.
• Reimbursement for company travel.
• All standard TPH apparel.