Director of Hockey-Operations
Total Package Hockey, one of the nation’s largest hockey service providers is looking to hire two Directors of Hockey-Operations- one for its Denver location and another for its newest location in Superior, CO.
TPH seeks to become the world leader in positively impacting the lives of student-athletes through the game of hockey, while exceeding expectations one choice at a time. TPH believes in building a team of high-character, highly competent, high-performing individuals who possess:
• A willingness to work, grind and hone their craft on a daily basis.
• A passion for building personal and/or professional relationships with fellow staff members, student-athletes, their families and all members of the hockey community.
• A desire to embrace a non-traditional work schedule with non-traditional hours.
• An open-mindedness to an occupation that requires multi-tasking and the “wearing of multiple-hats” related to providing hockey services.
The following qualifications are required when applying for this position:
- Past amateur, junior, collegiate and/or professional hockey playing experience, ie. it should be clear on your resume and/or in your cover letter that you have hockey playing experience.
- Past amateur, junior, collegiate and/or professional hockey instruction/coaching experience, ie. it should be clear on your resume and/or cover letter that you have instructed players on the game of the hockey before.
- Certification to work in the United States.
The following qualifications are considered assets when applying for this position:
- Bachelor and Masters Degree.
- Past business operations/organizational experience, hockey-related preferred.
Job Description for the Director of Hockey-Operations, Specific but not Limited to-
- Attend area tournaments, showcases and weekday games.
- Evaluate player performance.
- Build relationships and communicate with coaches, team managers and advisers regarding potential CoE attendees.
- Build relationships and communicate with prospective CoE families.
- Utilize TPH’s Zoho CRM recruiting software and comply with all directives.
Administrative, Financial, Logistical and Operational
- Hire and oversee all supporting staff member in a manner consistent with the TPH Way hiring process.
- Fill all programs to capacity.
- Adhere to a budget and provide requested updates.
- Book ice and facility usage.
- Build staff schedules.
- Order jerseys, equipment and supplies.
- Handle all communication with both families and staff members.
- Coordinate marketing efforts.
- Prepare events and activities.
- Log and track relevant attendance and advancement data.
- Oversee student-athlete transportation.
- Utilize and communicate with TPH vendors.
- Specific to recruiting:
- Utilization and implementation of TPH’s Zoho CRM recruiting software.
- Organize weekly staff recruiting meetings.
- Follow TPH’s 12 month recruiting calendar.
- Populate the division’s hockey event calendar.
- Populate a recruiting database with prospective student-athletes.
- Provide strong input in developing a strategic plan to drive student-athlete interest in the Center of Excellence model in particular.
On and Off-Ice Instructional Functions
- Plan on and off-ice sessions consistent with TPH’s Hockey Model.
- Support or lead video sessions, dynamic warm-ups and all other hockey/athletic activities.
- Execute all training/practice plans.
- Accumulate and log video of on-ice training sessions for instructional and continuous improvement purposes.
- Oversee all secondary staff members.
- Ensure all student-athletes are training in a safe, positive environment, one that is consistent with TPH and USA Hockey standards.
Culture, Mentorship and Impact Functions
- Build relationships and positively impact the lives of all student-athletes athletically, academically and personally.
- Support all processes and procedures originating from the TPH-Hub, related to the culture of the division. This includes all USA Hockey Safe Sport policies.
- Provide support and assistance in the Center of Excellence classroom.