THE CENTER OF EXCELLENCE MODEL
Regardless of location and facility, the format and schedule of the CoE includes:
- Yearly academic calendar, similar to traditional school, with holidays and other breaks incorporated.
- Strategic 36 week, 5 phase Hockey-Athlete training calendar designed to maximize growth on and off the ice.
- At least one “late start” day per week, allowing for greater rest and recovery.
- 20+ hours of focused, in-classroom academic time per week.
- Minimum of 8 combined on and off-ice training hours per week.
- Video sessions conducted on a daily basis. - Dynamic warm-up preceding the first training activity of the day.
- Coach FA’s Mentorship Program, teaching “the process” of becoming elite, offered two times per month.
- Daily allotted time for lunch, with athlete-friendly meal plans available in most markets.
- Daily allotted time for healthy snacking.
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
8:15 - 9:15 a.m.
VIDEO/DYNAMIC WARM UP
9:15 - 9:40 a.m.
10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
11:15 - 12:00 p.m.
12:15 - 12:45 p.m.
12:45 - 4:00 p.m.